Halo 5: Guardians Gets A Free Multiplayer Update
Halo’s most popular mode has always been its fantastic multiplayer – and so seems to be the case for Halo 5. This mode has been updated with some goodies and rewards you can enjoy in the game starting now.
A new content update for Halo 5: Guardians just dropped, and it’s called The Battle of Shadow and Light Content Update. This update is mandatory but completely free, and users will be prompted to download it next time they access the game. The creators of this latest entry in the series, 343 Industries made a very detailed post on Halo Waypoint where they explained what exactly changed:
- Added 48 new REQs, including new armors, helmets, weapon skins, weapon and vehicle variants, a new visor and assassination, and new emblems. See below for a breakdown of what’s included.
- Added Big Team Battle playlist to Arena matchmaking
- Added BTB (Big Team Battle) Capture the Flag, Strongholds, and Slayer to matchmaking and custom games. The mode details are as follows:
For all BTB game types, the Motion Tracker is the same size as Warzone at 25m (larger than the Arena Motion Tracker), and match length is 16 minutes.
- BTB CTF – Score to win: 3 Captures
- BTB Strongholds – Score to win: 150 points
- BTB Slayer – Score to win: 100 points
- Added 4 new BTB maps, also available in both matchmaking and custom games:
- Basin by the 343 Multiplayer team
- Deadlock by Nokyard & the 343 Multiplayer Team
- Guillotine by The Psycho Duck & the 343 Multiplayer Team
- Recurve by The Fated Fire & the 343 Multiplayer Team
- Fixed an aiming issue that could occur due to variance in controller hardware. Head here (Halo 5 Aiming & Controllers) for more details.
- Made a variety of tuning tweaks to Warzone Assault, including the below. Head here (Warzone Assault Tuning Changes) for more details.
- Faster REQ leveling
- Decreased base capture time from 20 seconds to 16 seconds
- Reduced starting grenade count to 1
- Disabled Friendly Fire in SWAT
- Increased respawn time from 1 second to 3 seconds in SWAT
- Added the “deliver” nav point for vehicle drivers who have a friendly flag carrier as a passenger.
- Fixed an issue where players were able to use the driver and gunner seats while holding the flag. Now, the flag carrier can only sit in the passenger seat.
- Improved Post-Game-Carnage-Report consistency.
(ALMOST) ALL REQS
The following new REQs are included with the Battle of Shadow and Light update – as a note, it may take some time for these REQs to populate through the REQ System, as they’ll be rolling out over time.
Click on the image to see it full-size:
Halo 5: Guardians came out on October 27th, 2015 and has quickly become a smash hit among gamers. In case you haven’t bought the game yet, it’s a good idea to jump in soon, as the community keeps expanding and it’s always the early days that are the most exciting. Get Halo 5: Guardians here!
Be social! Follow Xbox Freedom on Facebook and Twitter, and read more related stories at Game of Thrones EP 6 “The Ice Dragon”, Out Now! and 12 Essential Accessories For The Xbox One 2015.